This week was our stake's turn to go on the trek. We have been planning this for a long time, and have been looking forward to it!!! We left on Tuesday and got back on Friday. I wasn't having a very good attitude about it Tuesday morning but I am so so grateful I chose to go it was an amazing experience!!!! The spirit was so strong there, I know now that the pioneers went throught so much and I only experienced a little bit and it was hard enough. I hope that from this experience I can be a better person in my life, it has effected me a lot and my testimony has grown!!! I took lots of pictures so I hope you enjoy them :) Our missionaries need lots of pics!! I love you guys :)

Us sisters in our tent. Oh and our baby his name was Peter.

Jarin, Jacob, Braden, Ian, Shanny, Lisa(Ma) and Sid(Pa) Lewis, Carrie and Me in Martin's Cove.

Carrie, Me, and Shanny (my sisters) in David W. Jones Cove.
Devil's Gate
Independence Rock

Yay!!!! We made it to the top of Independence Rock.
Hayli and I in one of the caves in Independence Rock.

Jacob and I comin out of a very deep puddle lol. I wanted to get wet!!
HMMMM????? How are we going to get across that!!?? There ended up being a lot of puddles and marsh to go through most of it came up to about your knees but you know me I loved pulling the handcart through it and getting muddy lol :)
Let's go Fast!!! :)

The men as they sang to us "Called to Serve".(Probably the coolest thing ever especially when they took their hats off and put them across their hearts as the women made it to the top of the mountain.

Us girls made it to the top without the men and were so excited :)
The family is doing good-- just trying to figure out if we are ever going to be able to cut first crop, but we are so thankful for the rain.!!!
~NICOLE~
2 comments:
Wonderful pictuers, We are so glad that you got to go, what a wonderful experence. Glad that we got to go 3 years ago. It is something you will always remember. Tell everyone hello for us
We send our love
Grandma and Grandpa
That was AWESOME! Brings back memories of when the girls went in Kennewick and the testimonies they gained!!!! I am soo glad you had fun! When Alyssa comes to visit you can share stories of what is the same and different! LOVE YA!!!
Post a Comment